Encouraging Environmental Excellence Program
Ohio EPA Announces Recognition Program
The Encouraging Environmental Excellence program is a three-level approach to provide recognition to Ohio businesses and other organizations completing environmentally beneficial activities, and escalates to higher levels of recognition for those who exceed regulatory requirements or commit to future environmental stewardship efforts.
- Recognizes any entity completing environmentally beneficial activities.
- Any business, non-profit, government entity or other organization in Ohio may apply.
- Must have demonstrated significant progress in toxics and/or waste reduction, and/or resource conservation.
- Recognizes businesses and others that have a good environmental compliance record and have completed environmental stewardship activities.
- Any business or other type of organization in Ohio may be nominated.
- Recognizes businesses that exceed regulatory compliance obligations and commit to long-term strategies to reduce waste, lower emissions and improve environmental performance.
- Any business in Ohio regardless of size may apply.
To learn more about this program, including deadlines for nominations for
the three levels, visit
Ohio ƐЗ or contact the
Office of Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention at 1-800-329-7518.