The new year is a great time to gather support for new sustainability initiatives at workplaces … think of it like setting New Year’s Resolutions for your office!
If your organization doesn’t have any sustainability goals, start by setting waste reduction goals. Through the Let’s Stop Waste at Work program, Hamilton County R3Source experts can set you up for success by:
• Helping pitch the business case of waste reduction
• Providing an analysis of your waste stream and collection process
• Recommending tailored waste and organics reduction best practices
• Coordinating recycling and composting services with your waste hauler
• Providing free recycling and composting collection bins
If your organization is ready to take steps beyond recycling, consider applying for the 513 Green Workplace Certification. Working towards a (free!) sustainability certification can build a sense of community among employees and is a cause for a New Year’s celebration!