How do I get help with my air permit?

There are several options to obtain assistance for filling out these forms or for general EPA related matters. The first is to simply contact your Ohio EPA representative. It is highly recommended that you discuss your plans with the appropriate Ohio EPA representative very early in the process to make the process go as smoothly as possible. You may have to contact several people within Ohio EPA. For example, if your project involves air pollution emissions units and wastewater discharges, then you will need to contact the air and wastewater sections in the appropriate local office.

You can also contract with environmental consultants for assistance. The Ohio EPA cannot recommend any one consultant. It is highly recommended that you get references before hiring a consultant. Consultants have a wide range of experience and expertise so it is important for you to find out if the consultant you plan to hire can do the job you need done correctly.

The Ohio EPA Small Business Program is available to help small businesses get permits. This is a confidential service.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if my business needs an air permit?
2. What is an "emissions unit" or an "air contaminant source"?
3. Whom do I contact in order to obtain an air permit?
4. How do I get help with my air permit?
5. Where can I obtain the permit application form?
6. When should I file and how long will it take to get a permit?
7. What happens if I don't have all the information but still need a permit?
8. Where do I send my application?